Installing/Removing Weapon Models in CS:GO
The normal method of installing models in the CS:GO client consists of the following steps:
- You need to extract the files from the archive.
- Copy the folders materials, models in the following folder with the game: “Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\”.
- Pre-save the standard file “pak01_dir.vpk”, in case of unsuccessful attempts (to be able to return the standard settings).
- The hardest part is editing the configuration. To do this, open the pak01_dir.vpk file with Notepad++.
Next, let’s analyze the installation on the example of the AK-47 weapon model:
Use the text search function to replace all entries of the type:
- “models\weapons\w_models\w_rif_ak47” to “models\weapons\w_models\w_rif_ak4s”
- And also “models\weapons\w_models\w_rif_ak47” to “models\weapons\w_models\rif_ak4s”.
- Save your changes to the file.
As we see, the standard installation process is time-consuming and if you make a mistake, you will have to reinstall the model. If you’ve done the installation of models in KC 1.6 before, you shouldn’t have any difficulties. If you want to find the best skins for your weapon, see here. Here you will have the opportunity to choose the best options for skins, so use that option.
Simplified quick way to install models in the game CS:GO
The model installer can save you a lot of time by doing step 4 of the above setup yourself. With this program, the installation is greatly simplified, all you have to do is extract the files into the folder with the game CS:GO, as it was in CS: Source.
- Extract the files from the downloaded archive with the model or skin of the weapon.
- Find folders materials, models, and throw them in the folder csgo, which is located in the directory: “Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\”.
- Run the program Skin installation tool CSGO.
- Check the box next to the name of the weapon model, which you downloaded, and click the Scan button. If you did it correctly, you will get the following message: Found 2 skins in your CS:GO directory.
- Click Install, close the program and test the installed model in the game.
- In order to quickly remove the model from the game CS:GO, select the name of the weapon, and click on the uninstall button. The game will use the default model.
If you want to completely remove all installed skins from the game:
- Delete the following folders with their contents
- STEAM\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\models.
- STEAM\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global. Offensive\csgo\materials\models.
Check the integrity of the game cache. To do this, go to the library, right-click on the game cs:go, select properties, then the local files tab and then click check the integrity of the cache. After a while, you will have the standard models of the game.
You can buy a variety of skins and other products for the game using specialized sites. For example, you can find many great products at https://csgo.net/upgrade. Here you will be able to choose and buy the best products for the game at bargain prices. Use this site to make your game more interesting and attractive.